Hello Everyone!! Moving house and lack of internet has kept me away from the blogisphere for what feels like ages!! I look forward to lots of catching up on my blog reading over the next few days and seeing what you've all been up to.

GBF and I were chatting, as we often do, and we both agreed that one of the most confusing things we found about buying a house has been-

At what stage in the process do you pop the champagne ?

Is it after looking for months at several houses deciding that this is The One?
Maybe it's when the offer is accecpted?
Or could it be when you sign the contract?
To celebrate that the bank approves your finance?
Is it when the cooling off period finishes?
Perhaps when the sold sign goes up?
Could it be when you sign the loan documents?
Is it on the settlement date?
Or when you get the keys?

Of course it's when you move in!!
But can you believe we've been so busy unpacking that we haven't had any yet.

It's been a bit busy settling in here at the new house but hey it's New Years Eve so there's twice as many reasons to raise our glasses. This evening will find us out on our deck with oysters and smoked salmon watching the sun set on 2010.

Here's to a truly wonderful, friendly, fun, creative, crafty, healthy, wealthy and wise 2011 to everyone!!! and a happy Happily Ever After in our lovely new home to us!!!

Cheers!!

Ps. As for the right time to drink champagne , I think Lily Bollinger sums it up perfectly when she said-

Lily Bollinger:

"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."


Cheers again!!