It's about time I showed off my quilted Dancing in Your Head quilt. 


I finished quilting it in the early part of the year but hadn't gotten around to sharing it. What better excuse than the  The Festival of the Half Square Triangle. linky party hosted at Canoe Ridge Creations.

The whole quilt is made up of 8 and 4 inch HST's. lots and lots of them!

I randomly placed them on the design wall and went from there, turning enough squares to keep it random but keeping just a hint of a pattern showing through. I see it almost as a sampler of what the HST can do. The more you look the more you see Flying Geese, Pinwheels, Value Squares, Envelopes and all sorts of things


The fabrics are Erin McMorris's Summersault range combined with 5 different hot pink solids. Hot pink was the obvious choice to set off these fun summery fabrics. I wanted to have a mix of solids just to create a subtle movement with the colour. It was also a great chance to try out different maufacturers solid fabrics. 

For the backing I used up some fabrics that had been lurking in my stash for a long time... I'm so glad they finally found their rightful project. I love catching glimpses of these beautiful blues when I'm swishing my quilt around or snuggling in it. 

As for the name "Dancing in your Head" , well, this quilt makes me think of a piece of music with that title by saxophonist Ornette Coleman. It just suits it, with all those triangles dancing around all over the quilt.


Three cheers for the lovely people involved with the Festival of Half Square Triangles!! Truly a block worth celebrating!! Where would we be as quilters with them. You just have to look at the linky party to see the variety of patterns they create.. that's a hint to pop over and check them out!! :)