Here's an update of what's been happening in my sewing room ...


I've mostly been spending my sewing time hand quilting my Dollop of Cream quilt. I really want to get it finished before being distracted by other projects and you know how easily I can get distracted!




I've sewed little crosses to fill in some areas of the quilt. It adds some variety to all the normal straight stitches.


One day I needed a splash of colour so I had a go at making yo yo's.  They're so quick and fun to make. I like the idea of making a chain of them to hang up somewhere. 


My dresdens are still lurking on the design wall...

I haven't done any more with them except decide not to add the triangle borders. They just looked wrong, out of balance with the rest of the quilt.

I'm now thinking it would be fun to applique, or piece some teapots and cups with some words. I'll make a decision when I finish quilting the cream quilt.  I owe it to those cute, little ,smiley pots and pans to get the borders right.



My Scrappy Trips quilt top ended up 84 x 96 inches. I'm going to leave it for Tanya the longarm quilter to do her magic with it. I have a few quilts waiting for hand quilting and I'd rather spend my quilting time working on those than struggle with a huge quilt and a domestic machine. I love the way Scrappy Trips looks on the bed, so bright and colourful! 

So that's about it on the sewing front at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a finished cream quilt to show you soon!