My Simple Squares quilt is finished. 

Oh lovely squares!! Easy going, friendly squares. One size to cut and I didn't have to think too much as I sewed them together. I simply quilted in the ditch creating a 4 inch checkerboard of stitches on the back. It's bound in some navy fabric I had in my cupboard. Easy peasy, done and dusted.. or is it ? ... there might be more to this quilt than meets the eye... expect it when you least expect it. :)

Last weekend we had Gbf's sister come to stay with us. It's always a pleasure to show off our beautiful Blue Mountains, especially with a trip to one of my favourite places, Pulpit Rock Lookout, near Blackheath. 

To get there you have to drive through a long tunnel of gum trees along a bumpy dirt road. Then there's a pleasant 10 minute walk down stairs made from rock and along a path lined with wild flowers, sculptural trees and pretty orange butterflies. When you come to the clearing you realise you're actually on a ridge sticking out into an amazing canyon. 

And these are the views!



It's hard to capture the size of the valley in the photos. This photo might give an indication, the little specks in the center are Gbf and his sister.

The clouds were particularly beautiful!


That was it for photos because my camera stopped working ( sad face). It's been misbehaving for a while now but I've accepted the inevitable and decided to get a new camera ( happy face) and it will be a definite step up from what I've been using ( very happy face!!!). A Canon EOS D600! Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week and will do a review once I've had a chance to play around with it. 


Remember my Swoon Houses? 

 Sunna from Sunnyquilts blog in Iceland has made a wonderful version with smiley faces in the windows and a big shining center star. Check out her Dream Villiage version at Sunnyquilts blog, and say hello, she's been busy making wonderful quilts. There's a big star quilt I'm particularly drawn to. 

Hmm I seem to remember saying I'd get my Swoon Houses quilted by April, boy this year sure is flying by, I'd better get onto it, no more dilly dallying!