I'm not sure if I'm a super slow blogger these days or if time is moving by at an extra fast pace. Either way I can hardly believe that it's been about 3 weeks since the Hunters Hill Quilter's show. 
Well, better late than never, here are some photos.

The Hunters Hill Quilter's show is one of my favourite shows for it's mix of colourful quilts. Whether the quilts are traditional, modern, contemporary or in a class of their own this group has a great way with colour and fun and sometimes unexpected fabrics. It's also the one quilt show Mr Daisy always says "Yes!" to seeing with me.

It was a perfect sunny winters day. The sunshine made their banner glow, a perfect welcome. 

We followed the bunting of quilt blocks...

...to the grand entrance of the Hunters Hill Town Hall.


Inside was a hall full of beautiful and wonderful quilts. I didn't take photos due to not knowing the rules about which quilts I can show or not. 


But never fear - I did get permission to show some quilts ...

One of the things that sets the Hunters Hill Quilt Show apart is their room of Waggas.

For those who don't know Wagga's are an Australian utilitarian quilt traditionally made from old blankets, tailors samples, hessian and flour sacks, really anything tough and sturdy. Generally not big, but big enough for one person and small enough to easily carry. Made more for function than looks waggas we're often used by Aussie swag men, shearers drivers.

I think the Hunter's Hill quilters selection of waggas definitely have looks as well as functionality.

Not only are the Hunters Hill quilters keeping the important Australian tradition of waggas alive but the sales of these quilts is used to raise money for their designated charity. 

I was chatting to some of the lovely ladies as I took photos and they said that the ones I kept being drawn to were by Jessica Wheelerhan. That makes sense, I love her quilts. You can find her on instagram @birdie_beetle.
This one is a knock out!! Jessica dyed the feature fabric herself.

I love the texture the stitching gives this quilt.

In fact the texture is a big draw card for me with these quilts. It's wonderful to see corduroys, wool, suiting fabrics all mixed together.


I loved the colours and shapes in this quilt. It matched the chairs it was resting on.





Cute little foxy face!


From deep earthy tones to bright and exuberant hues!
Material Obsession always has a stall at the show. It was like a quilt show in itself. A wonderland of beautiful quilts and fabrics.

It was a great chance to see Kathy Doughty's latest fabrics, Folk Art Revolution in person and see her wonderful quilts showcasing them. The thing about Kathy's fabrics is that she has designed them with a quilter's mind. They have clever patterns and repeats offer a variety of cutting options.

Here's Kathy. I wonder if she dressed to match her quilt. Even her necklace matches the blue of the wedding ring circle. Love it!



When we stepped outside and the perfect weather lured us into going for a walk. Hunters Hill is a beautiful part of Sydney. Lots of big grand homes that lead down to Sydney Harbour. 

We love where we live in the Blue Mountains but we don't get water views like this so we like to soak them in when we can.



Such a perfect day, and so peaceful. There was no one else on this pier but us. 

Soon we wandered off on our merry way...

A slow amble because I like to stop and take photos. I can't help seeing interesting patterns in our surroundings.

We even found a fence that looked like a wagga.

So that was our day in Hunters Hill enjoying quilts and clear blue skies. If you want to see more quilts from past years you can pop back in time to a post here.