Did you notice my new header? Some say a change is as good as a holiday. On a whim the other day I decided I should have a new header. I started playing with different ideas but didn't really like any. I went to re install my old header but had deleted it. So I had to persevere with ideas until I came up with this one. It's a bit like getting a new haircut, it'll take a few days to get used to it. What do you think? Do you like it?

It was such an amazing Autumn day here that after lunch I suggested to Gbf that we go for a walk. So off we went to explore some of the streets around our neighbourhood. We've been vaguely planning what we want to do in our garden so getting out and looking at what grows well in the area is very inspiring.
My favourite flowers at the moment are these Banksias. I'm really drawn to their rich caramel gold colours, their part fluffy/part spiky texture and their crooked, angular branches.
Mother Nature used her pinking shears when she made these leaves on the Banksia serrata tree.
When the flowers turn to seeds they remind me of the evil Banksia Men of the Snugglepot and Cuddlepie books.

Talking of seeds...


This was what I gave to Gbf for Valentines Day. It's the seed pod of a lotus flower but really looks as though it's from Mars! On V'day I think it was it's lack of thorns that most appealed to me. Lol!
From new a new header to blue skies and weird but wonderful flowers it's been a fun Sunday!! I hope you had a fun Sunday too.