I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! We had a wonderful day of eating delicious food and simply being happy. One of my favourite treats from Santa has been some quality time in my sewing room over the last couple of days.

I started playing with these half square triangles back in August. As usual I was side tracked by other projects and they were pushed to one side.
I pulled them out recently and started putting the little squares on my design wall. I stood back and looked and wondered how it would look if the blocks were mixed up a bit.... Hmmm.. A few cups of tea later and I decided I enjoyed them better with the triangles pointing in all directions. Somehow it suits the electricity of the fabrics and I like the secondary patterns that appear and then disappear as you focus on another group of triangles.
So I kept going with the concept and have ended up with a top 77 x 84inches. Its really hard to capture the colours. Hopefully I'll have more luck in natural light outside when it's finished. I'm planning to quilt this myself, using good old stitch in the ditch.
Gbf popped in to my sewing room to have a cup of tea with me and of course the conversation centered around my quilt top. We thought that if the quilt was music it had gone from being pop to modern jazz. Great minds think alike when we both thought it looked like Ornette Coleman's music. My favourite piece of music by him is called Dancing in your Head so that is what I'm calling this quilt.

One top finished and another started...

The seed was planted last week when Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom showed previews of her next range. Amazing rich colours, fabulous glamorous patterns. It's perfectly called Crazy Love!!! Immediately I thought of using the fabrics to make a LOVE quilt with crazy piecing. Inspired by a few LOVE quilts Here, Here and Here. The catch is Crazy Love isn't being released until March next year. Too impatient to wait I grabbed some fabrics and have come up with this.

To give you an idea of scale each letter is 26inches high. I'll finish it off with patchy cream and neutral fabrics and make it up to queen size. It'll make the perfect wedding quilt for some friends who are getting married this year. When Crazy Love is released I'll use it to make a similar quilt for myself , or who knows what idea I'll come up with by then.

If you're wondering if there is a song to go with this quilt? Yes! There's a beautiful song by Van Morrison called Crazy Love. My favourite line is "The heavens open every time she smiles". How romantic is that! :)