I never thought I'd have a heading for a blog post that said
 "Best In Show" but there it is. 
I'm proud to say my Clamshell Carousel quilt won Best in Show at the Australian Modern Quilt Show

That's not all... it also won 1st in the Modern Traditionalism category. And my other quilt entry Yo Yos a la Mode took 2nd place in the same category. I keep pinching myself, and asking Am I just dreaming this? Luckily there are these fabulous modern rosettes to prove that it's real.



For those who follow my blog this was the quilt in which I only showed the backing of on the Springwood Show blog post. As you can see it's full of fun, colourful details and deserves a post with good photos and the story behind the quilt. That will have to wait for another day though when I have more time to take photos. 
Thank you so much to all involved in putting on the show - The Wollongong Modern Quilt Guild who did an awesome job of organising the event. All the quilters whose quilts made it one of the best quilt shows I've seen. I know I couldn't have been a judge, there were so many amazing quilts. A big thank you to all of the sponsors for their generous contributions especially those who sponsored my prizes,
Bernina (I'll show photos of my very cool new sewing machine soon),
Material Obsession,
Material Girls Downunder
and Mini Jumbuck Nu-wool wadding.

My other quilt Yoyo's a la Mode quilt is due to be published in Quilter's Companion in their July edition, because of that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share photos yet. If I get the okay I'll be back with photos, otherwise it's not long to wait until July. 


To celebrate Mr Daisy and I had a lunch with champagne

And then enjoyed a long walk on the beach. 













A big Hi to my blog friend Dawn who I got to meet in person. She and her friends had driven up from Melbourne for the show. It was great having time to have a real life chat. Hopefully we'll get to meet up again at the next Modern Quilt Show.


I'll be back with more photos when my feet touch the ground. :)